Tuesday 31 July 2007

black bear

ok, let me start by saying i'm a bad blogger. a bad, bad blogger. no posts for almost a week... but in my defense: i've not been sitting still! i've worked on my skirt (it's almost done now, next lesson we'll finish it by putting in a blind zip) and i've started work on a softie from the aranzi aronzo book. last saturday my friend ann and her lovely son sal accompanied me to the albert cuyp market in sunny amsterdam to purchase some new fabrics. nowadays fabric shops are not that common in rotterdam any more, but along the sides of the albert cuyp market there are loads of them! i ended up buying some grey marl jersey and some black stretch velvet to experiment with. as a start i thought it might be nice to make a soft black bear, sort of like the dick bruna black bear. not sure if it's going to turn out good, but i've got high hopes. in spite of my 'unconventional' sewing methods. shortcut is my middle name. i'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the zip. Not easy !!!

dee said...

my teacher said that putting in the lining and the blind zip would probably take me a lesson (3 hours), so i'm kinda dreading it. too bad we live so far from each other, because i bet you could teach me loads!

Anonymous said...

When you've learnt how to do it, you can teach me!
I'm sure that being taught properly will be a great help. I've never had much luck but then you know impatient I can be!

dee said...

shish, i didn't think it would be that difficult! my teacher is very thorough though, so i'm keeping my fingers crossed. let's make a deal: i'll teach you the blind zip and you teach me to crochet!

Anonymous said...

OK, we'll give that a go