Sunday 22 July 2007

craft corner

the one thing that was lacking in my house was a little corner where i could set up my sewing machine and spread out my fabric. since last year my boyfriend has moved in with me and has taken over the dining room table as a desk. he works from home, so he needs the table a lot more than i do. fair enough. the only problem is that there aren't any rooms left, so it was a bit difficult to find the space to fit an extra table into. yesterday we decided to drive to ikea and see what they have on offer. going to ikea on a saturday is a bad idea, but i did find this desk called jonas. it's meant as a computer desk, but the slide out part is actually perfect as a sewing machine table, since it's slightly lower than a normal one. also i can slide the part in and put the machine under it when it's not in use, ideal! it was compact enough to fit into the other side of the dining room, so now it's officially a work room. i've already used it to work on my skirt for the sewing class i take and i couldn't be happier! of course it's not completely finished. i'll still need to put in some storage for fabrics and tools, but it'll all come together... the last picture is of a book sheila (my boyfriends mom) sent me to help me learn to knit. she's really good at all this craft stuff, so i'm sure i will learn a thing or two from her too. how cool is the book though? i think it's almost as old as i am!

No comments: